Project Engineer Automotive
Gerald Franke (Engineering Manager Automotive):
“In the development teams we develop innovative, high quality integrated motion control solutions for the automotive industry. These mini hydraulic systems will be produced in our production plants for high demanding OEM and Tier 1 automotive customers. Do you want to be part of our development team in an international organization interacting with automotive customers worldwide?”
To support our ambitious global growth, we are searching for a:
Project Engineer Automotive
As a Project Engineer you are responsible for specification, product design, maintenance and support of components and assemblies of PPE’s products within time, cost and quality requirements. Makes sure the components and products comply with functional, cost and manufacturability requirements.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Develops, creates and modifies specifications of components, subassemblies and products. Makes sure engineering standards and guidelines are applied correctly.
- Creates and modifies (conceptual) product designs and drawings using CAD tools, product data management systems and risk analysis tools. Supports design reviews internally and externally.
- Verifies designs through engineering calculations, modelling and/or simulation.
- Proves the design meets specifications and customer expectations through creation and execution of test plans, and documents results in test reports. Prepares and supports proto building activities.
- Troubleshooting of design issues during development or manufacturing using applicable methodologies.
- Develops and implements design changes in order to reduce cost and/or improve product quality.
- Discusses technical issues with engineers both internally as with customers and suppliers.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in the area of Product Design or R&D.
- Knowledge of PPE products, manufacturing processes and related technology.
- Good communication skills, written and verbally in English and Dutch language. German would be an advantage.
- Team player, able to work in multidisciplinary projects teams.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD tools (SolidWorks).
- Knowledge and experience with other engineering tools, such as simulation/modelling, design and calculation tools, FMEA and 8D.
Choose opportunity – choose Power Packer!
Power-Packer, with headquarters in Oldenzaal, The Netherlands, is a market leader in motion control systems. Power-Packer supplies specialized high-quality products, which include the development and manufacturing of (electro) hydraulic actuation systems for a large number of applications in the automotive, commercial vehicles, medical and off highway market. Power-Packer develops, assembles and markets actuation systems for customers on a global basis including OEM’s and Tier 1’s in diverse end-markets.
Moreover, Power-Packer is part of the US based corporation Actuant (NYSE listing; ATU). Actuant is a growing company active in a diverse range of industrial markets with locations in more than 30 countries and 5.500 employees worldwide. Our business model is based on Growth and Innovation in Emerging Markets and New Vertical markets. Like Actuant, we are constantly looking for new growth opportunities and innovations. Furthermore, we operate under a strong financial model focused on cash flow and profitability.
Power-Packer Europe is responsible for the business units: Power-Packer, Gits, Weasler and Yvel. Power-Packer markets served include: Automotive, Commercial Vehicles, Medical, Off Highway and Airflow Manahgement. Power-Packer has locations in The Netherlands, France, Turkey, India, China, Brazil, Mexico and United States and has more than 1.000 employees. If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Power Packer offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. We offer a pleasant working atmosphere; Fun and Pride are part of our core principles! With a can do attitude and open minded culture we create an environment where people can realize their full potential!
Are you interested?
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.