Eric Weenink, Team leader Production Engineering:
“Our Production Engineering team has an important role in fulfilling our mission: creating capable and Lean World Class production processes according our safety and quality standards – at the right cost. Therefore we need strong professionals in our team! ’’
The Production Engineer is the link between Product Engineering and the Production department. Responsibility is sustaining and improving existing equipment/processes but also the industrialization of new projects.
In this role you will report to the Team Leader Production Engineering.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Secure the manufacturability of new products in collaboration with our Product Engineering department in NPD project teams
- Functional specification, procurement and commissioning of new manufacturing equipment/ processes, including capital cost justification and related documentation.
- Leading development and continuous improvement of our manufacturing equipment and -processes together with external partners.
- Work collaboratively with team members of the LEAD (Lean Enterprise Across Disciplines) teams in order to improve safety, quality and productivity according our internal- and quality demands (ISO/TS 16949)
- Maintain presence on the shop floor and provide hands on trouble shooting of manufacturing equipment/processes to drive root cause analyses and corrective actions. Drive Lean Six Sigma thinking
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor/ Master degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in a production area
- Knowledge of Wet Paint, Welding and/or Assembly processes is a strong plus
- Knowledge of and experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma is a plus
- Preferably experience with Automotive or related businesses
- Verbal and written communication skills in Dutch, German and English
- Strong Leadership / Project Management abilities
- Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks
Choose opportunity – choose Power Packer!
Power-Packer, with headquarters in Oldenzaal, The Netherlands, is a market leader in motion control systems. Power-Packer supplies specialized high-quality products, which include the development and manufacturing of (electro) hydraulic actuation systems for a large number of applications in the automotive, truck, marine, agriculture and medical market. Power-Packer develops, assembles and markets actuation systems for customers on a global basis including OEM’s and Tier 1’s in diverse end-markets.
Moreover, Power-Packer is part of the US based corporation Actuant (NYSE listing; ATU). Actuant is a growing company active in a diverse range of industrial markets with locations in more than 30 countries and 5.500 employees worldwide. Our business model is based on Growth and Innovation in Emerging Markets and New Vertical markets. Like Actuant, we are constantly looking for new growth opportunities and innovations. Furthermore, we operate under a strong financial model focused on cash flow and profitability.
Power-Packer Europe is responsible for the business units: Power-Packer, Sanlo, Gits and Yvel. Power-Packer markets served include: Automotive, Truck, Medical, Marine, Special Vehicles & Equipment. Power-Packer has locations in The Netherlands, France, Turkey, India, China, Brazil, Mexico and United States and has more than 1.000 employees.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Power Packer offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. We offer a pleasant working atmosphere; Fun and Pride are part of our core principles! With a can do attitude and open minded culture we create an environment where people can realize their full potential!
Are you interested?
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.