Ingo Verhaak, Engineering Director:
“One of my key objectives is to develop an organization that will accelerate Growth and Innovation. As a consequence I am on the lookout for talent that can help bring our team to a next level and will play an important role in the realization of our ambitions.”
For our Engineering Department in Oldenzaal, we are looking for a:
As a design engineer you are responsible for defining specifications, customer alignment, product design, process design, maintenance and support of components and subassemblies of Power-Packer’s products. Taking into account that components and subassemblies comply with functional, cost and manufacturability requirements. In this role you mainly work in project teams, interact with the customer and suppliers, and report to the Design Engineering Team Leader.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Develop, create and modify specifications of components, subassemblies, and manufacturing processes. Make sure engineering norms and standards are applied correctly
- Create and modify (conceptual) designs and drawings using CAD tools and product data management systems
- Take technical ownership towards customers and within the project team
- Make commercial evaluations of designs and adjustments of the product at the customer
- Verify designs through engineering calculations, modelling and/or simulation
- Prove the design meets specifications and customer expectation through creation and execution of test plans, with results documented in test reports
- Troubleshooting of design issues during development or manufacturing using applicable methodologies (FMEA, 8D, RCA, etc.)
- Develop and implement design and process changes in order to reduce cost and/or improve product quality
- Present technical developments at the customer
- Interact with customers and suppliers on a regular basis
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or comparable, preferably with 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in the area of product design and R&D
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbally in English and Dutch language. German would be an advantage
- Team player, able to work in multidisciplinary projects teams
- Advanced knowledge of CAD tools (SolidWorks), preferably also modelling and simulation tools
- Pro-active attitude
- Ability to coordinate development activities internally and in cooperation with the customer
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
Choose opportunity – choose Power Packer!
Power-Packer, with headquarters in Oldenzaal, The Netherlands, is a market leader in motion control systems. Power-Packer supplies specialized high-quality products, which include the development and manufacturing of (electro) hydraulic actuation systems for a large number of applications in the automotive, truck, marine, agriculture and medical market. Power-Packer develops, assembles and markets actuation systems for customers on a global basis including OEM’s and Tier 1’s in diverse end-markets.
Moreover, Power-Packer is part of the US based corporation Actuant (NYSE listing; ATU). Actuant is a growing company active in a diverse range of industrial markets with locations in more than 30 countries and 5.500 employees worldwide. Our business model is based on Growth and Innovation in Emerging Markets and New Vertical markets. Like Actuant, we are constantly looking for new growth opportunities and innovations. Furthermore, we operate under a strong financial model focused on cash flow and profitability.
Power-Packer Europe is responsible for the business units: Power-Packer, Gits and Yvel. Power-Packer markets served include: Automotive, Truck, Medical, Marine, Special Vehicles & Equipment. Power-Packer has locations in The Netherlands, France, Turkey, India, China, Brazil, Mexico and United States and has more than 1.000 employees.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Power Packer offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. We offer a pleasant working atmosphere; Fun and Pride are part of our core principles! With a can do attitude and open minded culture we create an environment where people can realize their full potential!
Are you interested?
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.